𝗦𝘄𝗲𝗲𝘁 𝗣𝗼𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗼 𝗖𝗵𝗼𝗰𝗼𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝗖𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗗𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗼𝘂𝘀𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀!
Here’s a recipe to sweeten your long weekend - 𝘳𝘦𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘴𝘶𝘨𝘢𝘳 𝘧𝘳𝘦𝘦, 𝘨𝘭𝘶𝘵𝘦𝘯 𝘧𝘳𝘦𝘦, 𝘨𝘶𝘪𝘭𝘵 𝘧𝘳𝘦𝘦!
🥮 2 medium sweet potatoes, grated
🥮 4 flax eggs*
🥮 ¼ cup honey
🥮 ¼ cup maple syrup
🥮 1 tbsp vanilla extract
🥮 ½ cup coconut oil, melted
🥮 1 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
🥮 2-3 tbsp coconut flour
🥮 1 tablespoon baking powder
🥮 1 tsp baking soda
*4 tbsp ground flax seeds + approx 10 tbsp water. Mix and let sit until gelatinous, approx 5-10min
*or you could sub 3 medium-sized 🥚
1. Preheat oven to 365 degrees F.
2. Combine the sweet potato, flax egg/egg, vanilla, honey, maple syrup & coconut oil in a large bowl.
3. In a smaller bowl, combine the baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, and coconut four and stir.
4. Stir this into the wet mixture until combined.
5. Line an 8x8 cake pan with parchment paper or liberally coat pan with coconut oil. Spread the batter in the pan, and bake for 35-45min.
6. Brownies are done when a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
7. Allow the cake to cool before icing (refrigerate if short on time).
· 3 tbsp Almond Milk (unsweetened)
· 2 tbsp maple syrup
· 3 tbsp coconut oil
· ¼ cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
· 2.5 tbsp coconut butter
1. Once cake is cooled… Add all the frosting ingredients into a medium bowl and mix over a double boiler until smooth (or in a small pot on very low heat). You can add extra almond milk or maple syrup if needed for consistency.
2. Spread on top - cool in fridge to solidify if desired.
3. Throw on some summer berries 🍓- and 𝙚𝙣𝙟𝙤𝙮𝙮𝙮𝙮!
Adapted from a recipe by Nicole Dinardo @nicole.nutrition She’s a nutrition genie - give her a follow! 🧞♀️
𝗛𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗮 𝘀𝗮𝗳𝗲 & 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗹𝘁𝗵𝘆 𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗲𝗲𝗸𝗲𝗻𝗱!
#sweetpotatochocolatecake #glutenfree #sugarfree #Eggfree #dairyfree #guiltfree #glutenfreelife #glutenfreebaking #glutenfreerecipe #glutenfreedesserts #acupuncturist #acupuncturelife #torontoacupuncturist #foodmedicine #selflove #personalgrowth #healthmatters #organiclifestyle #eattherainbow #eatclean #eatwell #healthyfood #onthetable #delicious #longweekend #earthelement #nourishyourself